Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Working Style Continued and Deleted Posts

Well, my husband was uncomfortable with my posts with pictures of the kids so I've deleted those. So, if you were looking for them they are now gone. I guess I should set up a password protected family photo site. I used to do this but it's been several years. I'll have to remember the best way to do this.

Anyway, I was thinking more about my working style and about it being wasteful (or not). I realized that one of the reasons I often continue painting on fabric when I originally planned to just work on a few small pieces is that I DON'T want to waste the paints! And, that I figure if I'm working with the same colors that my extra pieces will coordinate if I cut them up to use in a piece later, and I might not ever be able to get quite the same shades, tints, etc. at another time. So, maybe I'm not being as wasteful as I thought. But, I do go through a lot of fabric. I don't think I'll ever be the type to work in a more planned and structured way but I do hope to find ways to better harness my focus and to find a way to restrain my excitement just enough to make some more of my work keepers rather than just the practice.

I'm still waiting on my computer to be up and running and now I'm afraid it may prevent from entering the next two shows that have deadlines in the next few days. It means I can't upload photos and create my CDs for sending my images. Maybe I better start investigating some places where I can use computers that will have everything I need to get this done. Maybe a friend's house?

I'm meeting with a person who is the recipient of a commissioned gift I will be making for her. This will be my third liturgical stole and I really love this work. It is so meaningful and personal. I feel like I already know her after studying her website and I am so thrilled to have the chance to create some fabrics incorporating some of her philosophies including things such as the Chakras, the Wheel of Life and something called the Purple Tent. If you want to learn more, take a look yourself. I'll post pictures as I start the process.

No comments: