Saturday, January 12, 2008

January 12, 2008



Today was supposed to be spent in a Laura Cater-Woods class. Unfortunately, the class was cancelled. I was really, really bummed. So instead, I went to a teacher/volunteer training day at my church. Then, drove my good friend Toniann home. I haven't had a chance to spend time with her in awhile so it was great to hang out for that little bit. If you know Toniann or have heard me speak about here you know that she is my angel on earth. After that I was going to head home but decided that because I didn't get to take the Laura Cater-Woods class (which was supposed to be my Christmas present), and I missed the first night of the printmaking class I signed up for (as my replacement present) this week (husband had to work late and I was exhausted from PTA meetings and work)... yes, this is an incredibly long run-on sentence, that I would instead head to Barnes and NOble. I got a coffee and sat with a stack of art books for about an hour. It was great! Then, I stopped at the grocery store and since it was next to a salon, I decided to get my eyebrows waxed and a pedicure (in the middle of winter with my really hairy legs!).

I feel great now. I needed some time out of the house. Time away from the responsibilities and to do lists. I wanted to originally spend it doing something creative but this was just as good.

Right now I'm really busy with planning an art event at my son's school and that is using up a lot of my creative energy as well. I was overwhelmed by the planning but a team of volunteers have stepped up to help out so I'm excited again instead of feeling burdened. I'm also starting to feel better (since my father's death) and wanting to play with my fiber, fabric and yarn again. I don't have anything completed to show just yet. I'm still also trying to organize and take photos. For now, I'm still also drawing and creating art digitally. Here is a digital painting I made yesterday. Wanted it to be playful and childlike.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Sounds like you salvaged your day. Sorry the Laura Cater Woods class was canceled. I wanted to take it, but today was my son's birthday so I had to throw a birthday party instead.

I might be interested in coming to your church sometime. I might call you about that soon. Is that ok?

My Brain on Quilts said...

Not as good as a Laura Cater-Woods workshop, but sounds like you made the best of it! I love your picture.