Sunday, January 27, 2008

Etchings


So here is the photo of my first two etching prints. What do you think? I can't decide if printmaking is going to be for me or not. I LOVE the etching process. The same as I love drawing and carving. It is mark making. But, I really don't enjoy the inking process and printing, except to see the final result. I want to make the etchings and have someone else print for me. Hhmm. I'll give it some more time. It's still way cool to be in an art class and around other artists. And, a different set of artists with a different set of interests and skills.

And, I had the most wonderful weekend. I went out to eat at a great place in Midtown last night, Mitra, with my 2 sisters. And, we saw The Drowsy Chaperone at The Fox. Then, they spent the night with me and we had brunch today at J. Christopher's. That's the most time I've spent with them in a very long time. And, ususally it's on vacations with the kids or birthday parties. Not much time to talk. This was the first time since our Dad died in November that we could really be focused just on us. Very nice. We didn't talk much about his passing but I was definitely feeling the presence of it on all our minds. I wish maybe we had taken the opportunity to release and do some grieving together. But there will be other times. I think we were afraid to all go back to that place right now. But, I could be wrong. Anyway, the point is, it was great to see them and be together!!!! I love you guys!!!!!! More than words could ever express. :)

1 comment:

Martha Marshall said...

Heidi, just a couple of things off the Etsy site -- gotta beware of spam, ya know. Anyway, I love your work and loved including your piece in the out of this world treasury. Actually it wasn't easy to pick which one!

The second thing is that I am a printmaker -- or maybe I should say ex-printmaker, since I'm not currently doing any. But I am so in love with the process, and yes you're right that it's very process-driven. But if you keep at it, there is a danger of addiction. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

And the third thing (I know, I said it would only be a couple) is that I'm subscribing to your blog.

Have a creative week!

Martha