Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Etching Class

Last week I started my first real art class, Printmaking, with my friend Sharon Ahmed. Well, actually, it started the week before but I couldn't make it. Anyway, I really like it. We started with etchings in plexiglass. It is very much like drawing. Well, it is drawing, just on plexiglass rather than paper. I seem to be approaching it similarly to my other art projects in that I love the drawing/etching part, but find it hard to stay focused on the rest of the process (the inking of the plates, running it through the press). I'm just itching to go to the next one. I suppose it's my ADD, or just my nature. It's like magic when you finally see your first print of the plate you have made. I wish I had one to post but I had to leave the two I did last week in the class room to dry. I've made about 6 more plates at home this past weekend and can't wait to see how they turn out! I'll post pics as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Sharon Serrano Ahmed said...

The very first etching you did was amazing!
Sharon