Saturday, February 28, 2009

What I've been up to the past few days




I am almost finished with my memorial piece for Jeanne CAlle and thought I'd go ahead and post an image. It still needs binding, some beading (I ran out of a certain kind of bead I had!) and then some stitching on her hair and face.











Here is another one of my Mixed Media Scarves. I think I'm keeping this one for myself. Not quite sure yet.



















The piece I posted yesterday from my monoprint playing became this:

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Your memorial quilt is so nice, Heidi. The eyes came out wonderful. Of course, I didn't know Jeanne, but one can tell that you probably captured her eyes very well!

Cathy Bargar said...

Heidi, I'm so sorry for your losses, and for the hard grieving you've been going through recently. I know exactly what you mean, about the need to comfort and soothe yourself with your fabrics and stitches. You've certainly channeled what you've been feeling beautifully into your work! The memorial quilt is so special, and I know that it contains all the thoughts and feelings that were with you as you worked on it - isn't fabric amazing that way? And don't worry - I bet your friends know that you love them, even though you may be out of touch for long periods of time! Love is what it is, the most powerful force in the universe, and it, and its value isn't diminished by time or distance!

Winter Wanderings said...

Your memorial quilt for your friend Jeanne is a lovely tribute to her, as is giving it to the Cancer Society.

ann said...

Lovely memorial quilt. My son died 2 years ago; time to think about doing something similar.

Betty Miller said...

Heidi, the memorial quilt is gorgeous! What a wonderful way to remember your friend. ~ Betty

violette said...

Your scarf is beyond cool!

The memorial quilt is very touching. What a nice tribute.