Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Mixed-Media No-Knit Scarf Demo this Saturday at Red Hen FAbrics









This Saturday, February 7th, I'll be doing a demo of a Mixed Media/No-Knit scarf at Red Hen Fabrics in Marietta, GA. So stop on by!




I'm posting some photos of old work-some of my first quilts, my son's 1st birthday cake, one of my professional wedding cakes (okay, my only professional wedding cake) and the cake for my final in my Cake Decorating class at Newbury College (back in 2000 or maybe it was 1999). The finals cake was a bit frilly even for my taste back then but we needed to demonstrate that we could work in a lot of different mediums/techniques (run-outs, gum paste, fondant, royal icing, etc.). I've been trying to very slowly scan old photos so that I have digital access to all photos and just thought I'd share these that are art/craft/creativity/quilt related. The quality of the photos isn't so great because most were in scrapbooks and I couldn't lay them flat on my scanner bed very easily.

The sampler quilt was from one of my first classes in Arlington, MA. It was my fourth quilt I think. It is still a UFO. Not quilted that is. Someday. I can't think of the name of the shop where I took the class now but it was a great shop. I hope it is still there. The flower quilt was from Jan Mullens pattern, Daisiez. I loved working with her patterns and fabrics when I started out. This was my third quilt. My niece is the owner of that quilt so I still get to see it occassionally.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heidi, you are soooo amazingly talented!