Saturday, December 30, 2006

She Made Her Mark

****Sorry guys, I had to remove my post of my incomplete submission for the She Made Her Mark exhibit. I don't want to jeopardize my entrance in the exhibit. Thanks for looking!***

Hello again,

I had decided that I had run out of time (as of yesterday late afternoon) to get anything ready for the She Made Her Mark exhibit. I had been thinking about doing something with Dorothea Dix as the main focus. If you don't know, she is famous for changing the treatment of the mentally ill is this country. Anyway, I kept trying to come up with some really unique way to show the mentally ill person breaking free from the horrible conditions of the prisons they were sometimes kept in. Well, the deadline approached and all I had so far were a photograph of Dorothea and a quote. So, here it is so far. Hopefully I will finish in the next day or two so that I can get in by the 5th. Let me know what you think.

I've also been working on my piece for the FFAC Reverse Auction. It's coming along but I've hit a frustration point so I've set it aside for a few days while I am working on the Dorothea piece.

I (actually my husband and I) have made super progress on my website and it will really be up very, very shortly.

Hope your holidays are all going well.

Heidi

1 comment:

Sharon Serrano Ahmed said...

It is really wonderful, Heidi. Good luck! Sharon