Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The holidays are upon us

Hi again,

I thought I'd check in and tell you what I've been up to. I had a fantastic time at the last meeting of the Contemporary Quilt and Fiber Arts Alliance (name change may be coming soon). We had a white elephant exchange and I got some lovely hand-dyed batiked fabric and a couple of beautiful artsy tags.

I've been up to my eyeballs lately with refinancing a mortgage, phone calls and appointments for a very sick father (trying to find a nursing home that will take him, he is sort of homeless, long story), Christmas (letters, shopping, gifts, etc.) so there has not been much time for art. When I have found the time here is what I've been doing.

I'm working on a piece for the FiberArt for a cause Reverse Auction (www.virginiaspiegel.com/NewFiles/ACSFundraiser.html). I am soo excited to be an invited artist for this event. I haven't finished it yet and can't post it here, but my piece will most likely be a watercolor pastel nude lady on fabric with some quilting and embellishment.

I did find time to make Model Magic ornaments with my kindergartner. Here is a picture. I think they turned out really cute.












These are not recent, but since taking TWO Laura Cater-Woods classes this year (life-changing!!!) I started drawing and painting. I hadn't done this since grade school and I am having so much fun. Many of the fiberart postcards contain some of my drawings which I scanned and then printed onto fabric. Here are a few of my drawings. The first 3 are on watercolor paper and the landscape is on a small canvas and was my first commission for non-fiber art. Yippeee!!
















I have over 100 drawings and paintings and will hopefully get then all posted to my website (coming very soon! almost ready). I hope to be able to offer prints and notecards as well as the originals.

Well, I've gotta run finish making my cookie mix in a jar gifts for teachers and do some last minute Christmas shopping before I pick up my 2 year old from Mother's Morning Out.

Take care everyone and Happy Holidays,

Heidi

No comments: