Monday, January 19, 2009

Baby Burp Cloth Creativity











I thought I'd post some photos of some fun I had with a few of the students in my son's 2nd grade class. Last November, we (the parents) had a surprise baby shower for my son's teacher, Mrs. Pigott. I helped the students paint a piece of art cloth (in colors to coordinate with her nursery bedding) that I then sewed onto some nice cloth diapers. I received some similar pieces from some good friends for my second baby, Maggie. I thought they were the perfect gift. Very useful, but completely unique and personal.

So, here they are. I'm not posting photos of the actual kids giving the burp cloths because I don't post photos of my own kids and would be uncomfortable posting photos of other's kids. But, needless to say, she was very surprised and loved them (I think).

Here they are:



I also sewed a diaper clutch, bip and burp cloth myself. I really liked the way they turned out, especially the clutch. It looks like a clutch purse but opens up to hold a diaper and wipes and becomes a changing pad.

No comments: