Saturday, July 19, 2008

Vacations/Transformation show/More Classes

I'm off on our two family vacations we take almost every year. Today we leave for Minneapolis (to my see my in-laws) and tomorrow we will make the drive to Bear Head Lake to camp for a week. Last year was rain everyday and mosquitos so bad we couldn't even be outside unless we were in the screened area over the picnic table. I'm crossing my fingers for better weather and less mosquitos this year. Somehow we still managed to have quite an enjoyable time of it. I can't wait to sit and do lots of puzzles, play card games and do some fishing.

Then, we'll back for about 1/2 a day and then myself and the little ones are off again to Charleston to the beach with my family. We will go from complete roughing it to some nice luxury. We managed to score an amazing 5 bedroom house with a pool (for 5 families), brand new, 100 yards from the beach, gourmet kitchen, and on and on and on for 1/2 the usual price.

I'm behind on packing which means I probably won't be taking much in the way of any art projects. I think this is probably good as I am still wanting to focus on kids and family because school starts the day after we get back. It's been too short of a summer but I feel I've been pretty successful at enjoying my time with the kids and making them come first while also teaching 6 new classes at Fiber on a Whim and meeting a handful of exhibit deadlines.

Speaking of classes and exhibits!! Fiber Art Fusion's exhibit, Transformation, opens next week at The Art Place in Marietta. I can't wait to see it when I return!

And, all of my classes were a hit and are back on the schedule and we've added a parent/child class as well! You asked and we did it! So, start signing up. I really have so much fun teaching. I can't wait to get started all over again:

Saturday, August 23rd, 2-5 pm, ages 8 and up (WITH adult) Wet Felting FAmily Play Day
Friday, August 29th, 10:30-1:30 pm, Sunprinting
Friday, September 5th, 10:30-1:30, Wet Felted Vessels
Friday, September 19th, 10:30-1:30, Watercolor Pastels on Fabric
Friday, September 26th, 10:30-1:30, Monoprinting on Fabric
Friday, October 3rd, 10:30-1:30, Needlefelting

There is also a class on Creating your own Stamps from household items and by carving them. The date hasn't been assigned yet, but keep watching!

Gotta run finish my packing!!! Happy end of summer to you!!!

heidi

1 comment:

Martha Marshall said...

Sounds wonderful. You'll be refreshed and ready to get back to your classes. They all sound like a lot of fun. I'd sure enjoy joining in!