Monday, September 17, 2007

Art Show a Big Success

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say I am back home after a whirlwind weekend in Dalton, GA (my hometown). I had a booth at a local arts festival and it also turned out to be the weekend of my 20th high school reunion. I just got home literally 5 minutes ago and instead of unpacking the car, I came in to unwind with my iced latte and the computer for a few minutes.

These art festivals are a ton of work but I love getting to meet people, especially children, who like my art. I love telling my story of how this is a recent new journey and encouraging people who are just starting on their own.

My biggest hit was my coloring books (not financially, just in terms of actual items sold). It was a last minute idea and they went like hotcakes. I'm going to spruce them up a bit and make a large quantity now that I know they are a hot item.

I sold several larger items including my Stitch Frenzy piece which recently returned home to me from the National Small Art Quilt exhibit in Groton, NY. I lost a few sales since I don't take credit cards so I'm going to fix that problem before I do another show.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and support. Every day I know that I have really found my true calling.

Take good care,

Heidi

No comments: